Here is a full list of our conditions of entry:
1. Each poem must be no more than 50 lines in length (not including title or line breaks).
2. Each poem must be typed or clearly written on one side of the paper only.
3. No covering letter or other material should be enclosed with your entry.
4. No alterations can be made to a poem once it has been submitted.
5. The entrant may submit an unlimited number of poems, each to be accompanied by a £5 entrance fee (online entries via PayPal will be slightly higher due to admin fee by PayPal and our printing costs). We can only accept sterling.
6. Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to: The Welsh Poetry Competition.
7. The poem(s) should be firmly attached to the entry form. The name of the entrant must not appear on the entry itself.
8. Once entered, poems cannot be withdrawn from the competition. It is regretted that no entries can be returned, so keep a copy of your work.
9. All winners will be requested to provide a biography and photograph and take part in any subsequent publicity surrounding the competition.
10. Acknowledgement of receipt of poems will only be given if a SAE marked ‘Acknowledgement’ is enclosed.
11. Entries must be in English, not previously published in any form (including appearing on the Internet, self-published etc.).
12. The author must be living.
13. No translations are allowed.
14. Entries can be in any style and on any subject.
15. Entries should not be submitted for publication elsewhere while the competition is running.
16. Employees of The Welsh Poetry Competition and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
17. Winners will be decided by our judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding a decision. The organisers reserve the right to change the judge if circumstances dictate.
18. All entries must reach us by the closing date (online entries via PayPal can be submitted up until midnight on the final day of entry).
19. All winning poems will be announced and published on our web site and may also be published elsewhere in the media.
20. Copyright remains with the competitor, but The Welsh Poetry Competition reserves the right to arrange the first publication or broadcast of selected poems as it sees fit. Submission of a poem(s) implies the competitor’s acceptance of the conditions set out.
21. We also plan to publish a future anthology of the winners of the competition (approx. autumn 2021). By entering you agree to be part of this.
22. Cash prize winners will get a cheque from us (if resident in the UK) or will have to provide us with a PayPal address if overseas and should be aware that in this case the actual amount may vary due to bank charges, commissions, exchange rates etc.
The closing date is shown on our entry page and entry forms.
Address to post: Welsh Poetry Competition, 9 The Avenue, Pontypridd, CF37 4DF (this is also on the entry form)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (this is our address for all correspondence)